'MAGHRENOV addresses Mediterranean innovative markets in the field of Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency (RE&EE) with three main objectives:
• Explore practical methods devoted to capacity building and to fostering innovation on Mediterranean RE& EE markets
• Favour convergence between EU and MPCs initiatives both for the development of sustainable energies adapted to regional specificities and for the establishment of a shared and dynamic Research and Innovation Systems (R&IS) in the domain
• Create real mobility between young academics and entrepreneurs in both regions (EU and MPC) making use of the build-up capacity
Expected impact of the project thus concerns practical results from our capacity building activities as well as more general lessons addressed to stakeholders and policy makers both in the EU and the MPCs.
Our implementation method rests on a double experience developed actively on both sides of the Mediterranean these last years:
• The research and innovation EU policy as supported by the SET Plan (Strategic Energy Technology Plan) and the KIC (Knowledge and innovation community) INNOENERGY established by the EIT (European Institute of Technology) in the domain of sustainable energies, on the one hand,
• and the different plans carried out in the Maghreb in support to the deployment of renewable energies while reforming deeply the Education, Research and Innovation systems, on the other hand.
Our approach inscribes also in the framework of the current EUROMED dialogue on research and innovation. Especially, we take full account of the analyses and recommendations delivered in the context of the works carried out by the Inco-Net MIRA (Mediterranean Innovation and Research coordination Action) toward the establishment of a Euro-Mediterranean Innovation Space (EMIS). We also take account of the works and conclusions of the recent Euro-Mediterranean Conference on Research and Innovation (Barcelona, 2-3 April 2012).'